Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:06 am 

Hello all

I am new here and I just had small question (for now). I am 7 weeks pregnant and I will be going for my first Dr. Appointment at 12 weeks. Is it possible to tell the sex of the baby that soon? I would love to know. We are hopeing for a boy!!!! :D

Last edited by DecemberMommy on Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:04 pm 

Hi,

I didn't go for my first ultrasound until I was 18 wks pregnant. At that time, I told them I wanted to know the sex of the baby. The technician because of their policy and lawsuits did not tell me right there but told me my obstetrician would let me know the sex at my next check-up.
I found out from my obgyn that I was having a boy. Again, they will not
guarantee it becuase of a possible lawsuit if they are wrong.

I'm sure they could tell the sex at 12 wks, but it really depends on the position of the baby. Just ask. Also, when I went I brought a VHS cassette tape and had the ultrasound taped (this was in 2002), not sure if things are a little more modernized now.

When you go for your ultrasound just hope for a healthy baby, that's the most important thing.

Good luck :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:55 pm 

HEY

I was just going to let you know i am 12 weeks preg. now but they won't tell you for sure untill about 20 weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:38 am 

Thank you for your help. I will let everyone know when I go.

I just wanted to say that I am loving this message board, I can't stop checkin it. I love reading other peoples questiion and answers.

THNAKS :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:34 pm 

Unfortunately they can't tell the sex until about 18-20 weeks. Then, it's only if baby spreads eagle for you to see. I'm only at 12 weeks myself and am just dying to know the sex... as well as for them to tell me everything is developing properly and to "finalize" when they think my due date is (they do all of that at the 18-20 week U/S)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:44 pm 

Actually, you are able to find out the sex of your baby much earlier than 18 weeks. It's just that most doctors prefer to do an ultrasound around 18-20 weeks. Your babies gentials are viewable from as early as 14 weeks. It just depends on your baby. Sometimes it's not easy to tell that early because of the way the baby is positioned, the baby is smaller and has more room to more and not stay still enough to be sure of the sex, etc. One of my friends found out at 15 weeks and another found out at 16 weeks. I am hoping to find out here in 3 weeks (I will be 16 weeks). I can't wait to start buying some baby stuff!!:) You should be able to find out soon. Good luck and have a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!

~Amy W.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:42 pm 

When I was pregnant we didn't find out the sex until 20 weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:00 pm 

Oh really, as early as 14 weeks. That's great... too bad my u/s isn't scheduled until almost the end of my 21st week! I'm going to try and move it up. Maybe I'll go out to visit my mom before then (she does u/s) hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.