Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:44 am 

Hi,

I'm nearly 10 weeks pregnant and already my clothes are starting to feel tight. I was really carefull over christmas so i know its not from over eating etc.

I was just wondering if anyone else had felt this, I thought i would be much further along when this started to happed?

Thanks.

Vicky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:09 am 

At 8 weeks I had to start leaving my pants undone because things were getting tight. I switched over to maternity shirts pretty quick simply because they're long. I didn't find maternity pants that fit until the beginning of my second trimester.

I'd recommend trying a pair of maternity pants with the large elastic band at the top. They're the most comfortable at first. When you get further along you might want to switch to something else though because the band starts putting a lot of pressure on the lower part of your tummy.

Just to let you know, just because you move to maternity clothes early on doesn't mean you'll be that big. I'm a lot smaller than most people that are 27 weeks, I just carry very low. I can't slip my pants under my tummy like some people can get away with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:10 pm 

i needed to swap clothes around 13 weeks....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:32 pm 

Everyone is different. If your clothes are too tight then by all means get maternity clothes! Don't wear pants that are too tight! Wear whatever FEELS comfortable for YOU! You'll need to wear different clothes as you grow; one pair of maternity pants won't fit you through your entire pregnancy. For me (now at 35 weeks) I've only got one pair of pants that are really roomy and comfortable! (gotta do lots of laundry but I only sit around the house every day so whatever! :wink:) My "big elastic banded jeans" are too tight and have been for quite some time and my pair of expensive nice maternity pants are a bit tight as well and I only suffer with then when I want to look nice. The bottom line is you have to just wear whats right for you at the time, there are no set rules as to when to start wearing maternity clothes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:24 pm 

I'm just over 18 weeks now, but at around 12 weeks I could still wear some of my old pants, but they weren't as comfy as they used to be. And now at 18 weeks maternity pants are still a little big, but I can't wear my own pants anymore. I'm not big enough to need to maternity shirts, but I wear them most of the time just because they're long enough to cover the elastic band on the pants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:07 pm 

I am only 15 weeks pregnant and had to begin finding larger clothes at 10 weeks ... granted I have 2 pairs of jeans that still fit sort of but I get nauseous every time I wear them for too long. Thank gosh its Christmas time cause the gift certificates were a great way to get new clothes. I didn't even have to feel guilty about buying them !!! :D My advise is get what you like and feel comfortable to you ... even if its a couple of frumpy looking sweats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:45 pm 

when I was browsing to look for used maternity clothes I found this
ad, they are dirt cheep if you live in that area:

I think the ad is in Washington D.C. are of USA

http://www.dcurbanmom.com/index.php?mod ... _MAN_ITEMS[]=1294

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:56 pm 

Hi,

unfortunatley I live in England.

thanks for the help though!!

Vicky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:40 pm 

I chanced across this site after finding this discussion via Google. What a great resource. I am starting up a Maternity Wear business so this is just the sort of place I'll hang out. I appreciate that this isn't going to be much help to the original poster as I'm over a year late, but maybe it'll help a few others.

The website is:
http://www.dressingfortwo.com

thanks

Corrina

Post subject: maternity clothes
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:20 am 

One of the first things that led me to believe I was pregnant other than cigarette smoke making me ill after 6 years of smoking was weight gain I couldnt explain. At 2 months everything was uncomfortably tight so I bought some jeans and shirts 2 sizes too big which lastest about 2 months. Seth is a little on the big side so I kept growing out of everything after a month. I'm 6 months today and I'm buying my first real pair of maternity jeans tomorrow :D I feel proud buying them- moreso than a size12-14 jeans.