Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:01 am 
My daughter will be 3 months next week and she is doing the same things as yours, runny nose and all. Some are just early developers. I got some of theose hylands teething tablets and they work wonders. She is back to sleeping through the night. They are all natural so there is nothing in them to hurt the baby and there is nothing in them to "make" the baby fall asleep. Try them they are great. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:25 am 

Well, because my son has the samething I am guess they both got a cold. I guess it was all the running around. Tis the season. What are hyland teething tablets? I never heard of them? How do they take them? Is it better then the oragel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:46 am 
http://www.hylands.com/teething_faqs.htm

I do lots of web searching for things for my baby and I ran across these. You can get them at places like Walgreens or health food stores. I use the tablets, they dissolve right away but I still put them in her formula just to be on the safe side, but they do have a gel formula that you can a apply to thier gums.Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:08 pm 

I'll have to keep an eye out for them. I wonder if I can put them in her cereal since she doesn't get a bottle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:48 pm 

My boy is six months old, so going eight hours, waking up once, and then sleeping for a couple or three more hours really isn't so bad. He's light years from where my daughter was at this age. At nine months she was still waking multiple times every night. Ugh .. I don't miss those days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:50 am 

How is he feeling Steve?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:32 am 

We used those teething tablets with my daughter. I've been meaning to get those for my son. They did seem to help a little.

To answer your question, jenna, he's doing "okay". He isn't as congested as he was earlier in the week. Yesterday was rough, though. There was absolutely nothing we could do to make him happy. He wasn't happy on the floor, in his saucer, or being held. Not sure what the problem was. Might have had a sore throat or something from the post-nasal drip. Hard to tell at this age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:15 am 

I'm going to keep an eye out for those tablets.
It's so hard when they don't feel well. I know about a month ago my daughter was miserable and she wouldn't eat. I didn't know what was up. Took her to the doctor and found out she had a very bad sore throat. So the doctor told me to give her tylenol 20 minutes before nursing her. That helped alot.
Mikey is really congested today. HE was yesterday morning. Then he took like a three hour nap woke up better. Now he is congested all over again. I gave him some triaminic. Hopefully he will take a long nap again. We don't have to go out until later.
Well, in case I don't get on anymore today I want to wish you guys a happy holiday. Hope you all have a great holiday with your children.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:43 pm 

It's confirmed. The good sleeping habits were related more to the cold medicine than anything else. He's been off of the medicine for two days and he's now back to only taking 1/2 hour naps. He also woke up several times last night. We only got him once. We let him cry the other times.

Oh well. The dream is over. Hope your kids feel better. If you want them to sleep better try the Pediacare cold medicine :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:56 am 

WE got the triaminic. Great stuff
Well, off to cook!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:22 pm 

Jenna .. I just realized our kids are almost exactly the same ages, and almost the same amount of time apart. My daughter is 2 years and 7 months old, and my son is six months old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:50 am 

Wow that is funny. I met someone else on here too that had two kids the same age as mine. THat's what makes this board so great. You fine people in the same situation as you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:37 pm 

My little girl is 2 months old tomorrow and she is waking up once in the middle of the night to feed between 1:30 and 3:30; depending on when we put her to sleep. I have many friends whose children slept through the night between 4-8 weeks (all formula fed). I have been told to try to keep her awake during the evening, but once 8pm hits, it is really difficult. So, she usually eats between 10 pm and 11 pm and then wakes up as stated above. Is this normal? I would really like to get her sleeping through the night (6-7 solid hours) before I go back to work in 1 month. My mom keeps telling me to give her cereal, but my ped. does not recommend it until 4 months. She was born at full term weighing 6 lbs 13 oz and is now about 8obs 10 oz, my instincts are telling me that she needs to gain more weight before this happens. Oh, she eats on average --3-5 oz at a feeding; usually 4 oz, bringing her to 27-32 oz a day. Any suggestions? New mom and confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:22 pm 

Hi AR Mom,

Your little girl sounds totally normal with regards to her nightly sleeping pattern. I guess you are formula feeding since you mention how many ounces she is taking. My son was f.f. and like I said didn't sleep a solid 9 hrs until 5 mnths.
I started him on cereal at 4 months as recommended by his doctor and I didn't find cereal made a difference at all in his sleep patterns, or at least not right away. It seemed when I started introducing more solids into his diet like pureed vegetables and fruit, along with the cereal is when he became satisified enough to sleep a good 9 hrs.
Don't forget your daughter is still VERY young and she will establish her own sleep pattern.....it's just up to you as a parent to make sure they are healthy sleep patterns. Start a nightly routine leading up to her bedtime and be consistent with this routine as much as possible......it's not too early to start reading a quiet story. I was reading to my son as early as 1 month old......we would both lay on the bed side by side and I would hold the book over him and read it to him .......he loved it.
Your friends must have really "EASY" babies.......sleeping through the night at 4 and 6 wks....Wow! Also like Steve mentioned, the experts say that for a young baby, sleeping through the night is considered a 5-6 hr stretch of sleep.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:13 pm 

I agree with Nikki that her waking is very normal. It sounds as though she is doing great, only waking once. I always hated when people told me, "oh, my kid has always slept through the night". I don't think it's right for a child to sleep all night at a very young age. They need to wake and eat. Your right that cereal isn't suggested until 4mos because of still developing digestive systems. Some people associate cereal with their child sleeping, but experts say it's just coincidence. My opinion is it doesn't do anything except satisfy a hungry child when a bottle or breast isn't enough. Good luck.