Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:11 pm 
Okay either I am the only one with time on my hands today or I just keep missing everyone. I have not seen anyone online today. Just checking to make sure everyone was not abducted by aliens or something :) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:36 pm 

umm..I think they were! I haven't seen anyone either today! Hey I'm here 2 days in a row?!?! Whats wrong with my child????? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:40 pm 
I remember saying that too! I used to call my mom and say, "she's sleeping too much" and my mom said just enjoy it! Boy was she right! Glad to see you 2 days in a row! Looks like your getting the rhythm of things :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:47 pm 

Yea...although I probably should be doing laundry or something...Hannah is great though: 4 ounces every 4 hours, a change once in awhile and she's good! :D Pumping every 4 hours for half an hour is a drag though... :roll: oh well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:49 pm 
I remember pumping....ugh I hated it! But we do what we have to do don't we :) Lily went through Breast milk like there was no tomorrow. She was hungry every hour! Thats when we moved to formula and she was finally happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:59 pm 

Yea we're still supplimenting with formula. I got more out of 'em this morning though :D Almost 5 ounces out of the two! WOOHOO I think my supply is increasing a bit! It was pretty low for a while there. I'm SO relived! I can't afford to feed her strictly formula LOL! It's SO expensive and it goes so fast!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:44 pm 
I know what you mean about the formula being expensive and going quickly! Gosh it adds up. Thankfully it is not the rest of Lily's life, only 1 year. Hopefully breast feeding will work with the next one :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:43 pm 

I'm here. Been cleaning and cooking today. Hubby is bringing reps home. Plus we had karate today and for a change Payton was an angel today and Mikey hasn't stopped. Two spankings four tours removed one time out and a partdrige in a pear tree.
Oh he's out of bed again. I don't know what else to take!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:51 pm 

Poor Jenna! Hope he settles down soon! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:22 pm 

Ugh he was so bad today. Even my husband said "who is this little boy?" But he's sleeping now so tomorrow morning we will have a talk at breakfast and have a better day. Today I spent a good portion of the day cooking and cleaning. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. I won't do anything tomorrow but spend time with him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:29 am 

Hannah's mom I know you had mentioned in the passed that your supply was low and I wouldn't make this suggestion if you didn't ask but I notice you said you were pumping every four and a half hours. That is a long stretch I think. With both my kids I was pumping every two hours. I know it a pain in the ass but that will surely get your supply up. Also pumping that often you might get some extra to start freezing for when you go out or when your supply drops. If you can do both breasts at one time it should take about 15 minutes. I think then you will notice a big increase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:32 am 

Thanks Jenna! Stupid me, I bought a single pump so I can only do one at a time :( so it takes me half an hour! My bf paid an arm and a leg for it so I'm stuck with it. It is a Medela 3 in one (electric, battery and manual), the same brand the hospital uses. I just wish I had thought to get a dual pump!!! I got 5 ounces yesterday morning so I think the beer water and oatmeal helped! I'm back down to 3oz now so I'm gonna continue with the beer oatmeal and water. Ugh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:09 pm 

I think that's the one I have. There is a little connection piece and you just plug two tubes into it. I have to look to see what's the name of mine. There must be a way to be both nah nah's at the sametime. Try doing the two hours. Like I said I know it's a pain but four and a half hours is a long way to go.