Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:35 pm 

So, I had always said that I am not going to have another child, but have really been thinking lately that maybe I will. I never thought I would be bit by the baby bug again, but maybe just maybe I am. So my question is for those moms that have more than one child, which transition did you find harder, going from no children to one or going from one child to two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:53 am 

Defiantly no child to one. I was so overwhelmed. Now I have two children exactly two years apart and I keep thinking "what was your problem then???"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:09 pm 
LOL, that is so refreshing to hear. All my husband talks about is a second baby and as hard as it was with the first one figureing out what to do (still is) did not even want to think about ever having a second, but it is nice to hear that maybe it does get easier :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:42 pm 

The second child will just kind of fit into your routine. Plus you are a pro by then.
Take the plunge girls
Well, speaking of second children mine is screaming her head off. I guess nap is over

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:40 pm 

If I had to chose I would say going from 0 to 1, although neither were really challenging for me. Personally, I'm wondering about going from 2-3. That's where I hear it's a challenge since you've only got 2 arms. Good luck with your decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:28 pm 

I think when or if I do 3 one will have to be out of my arms. My son is going to be 3 in august and my daughter 1 so maybe I will do my third when my son is 4 and my daughter is 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:30 pm 

Honestly .. I don't know. They were both pretty hard. Up until my daughter was born my wife and I went out to bars every weekend night. That all stopped immediately of course. So, we were already homebodies when the son got here. We also knew what to expect and knew a lot of tricks because my daughter was a handful. To be honest, though, I think my son was more of a shock. We were sort of trying to get pregnant, but when we found out we were, we both sat on the couch in stunned silence for .. I swear .. a half hour. Each of us at some point said "What have we done? The first one just figured out how to sleep and we're having ANOTHER ONE?!?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:23 am 

Bars? Bars? Hmm I remember the word.............not remembering what it was. Or clubs. Oh I used to get dresses up abd go out about 11 to a club. Now at 11 I am sleeping.
I remember when I furst went for my first sono for the second, they saw 3 or 4 babies. My husband called my from work to see how the sono went. I told him the news and there was literally silence for like three minutes. The doctor was nice enough to open the office on christmas eve which was two weeks later to double check. THankfully at that point there was one. We were not ready to go from one to 4 or 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:54 pm 

jenna103 wrote:
Bars? Bars? Hmm I remember the word.............not remembering what it was. Or clubs. Oh I used to get dresses up abd go out about 11 to a club. Now at 11 I am sleeping.
I remember when I furst went for my first sono for the second, they saw 3 or 4 babies. My husband called my from work to see how the sono went. I told him the news and there was literally silence for like three minutes. The doctor was nice enough to open the office on christmas eve which was two weeks later to double check. THankfully at that point there was one. We were not ready to go from one to 4 or 5.

They thought you were having QUADS? darn .. speaking of bars, how many drinks did the sonogram tech have before walking in to take care of you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:00 pm 

Not as many as my husband had that night after the sonogram. Doctor thinks actually they may have dissolved. The fourth baby he wasn't sure if it was a baby or something else. He had a word for it but the other three he was certain. And I had taken infertility drugs to get pregnant the first time so he said it was possible. Meanwhile my parents were thrilled. My mom kept saying"God won't give you what you can't handle." We are happy he realized we weren't going to be able to handle that many. LOL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:15 am 

I have 3 kids and they are all 4 years apart wasnt planned that way just happened that way.

The first is ur hardest then after that u know what u are doing and what to expect.

Right now i only have the baby to look after as my other 2 are 9 and 4 and they are at school all day which makes it easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:12 pm 

I have 2 kids and my first one was definitely the hardest.. I was so scared I would do something wrong.. When I found out I was PG with my 2nd I was scared to death because I couldn't imagine caring for 2 small kids.. But when she got here it was so easy. I knew everything she wanted, when she wanted it.. As the other poster said.. She just fell right into our routine.. I think it is easier having 2 than just one.. My Son helps take care of his sissy and we have a blast playing with her and as they get older, they will entertain each other and give me some much needed Mommy time..lol!

Niki
http://p201.ezboard.com/bmommysgetaway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:40 pm 

quote]The fourth baby he wasn't sure if it was a baby or something else.
He had a word for it but the other three he was certain.[/quote]

Jenna103... If you don't mind me asking, what did your doctor call the 4th? I kind of had the same situation but only with 2 not 4. At 1st he thought I had twins then thought it was something else. It then disappeared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:00 pm 

Hmm I think it was like mucus sack or something. By that time all I was hearing was i was possibly having multiples so everything was foggy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:33 am 

We have 2 children they are 26 months apart. I think 0 to 1 was the hardest it was a learning curve and then when we had the second baby we basically new what we were doing and I didnt panic when she coughed or wasnt in a panic as to whetther I had dressed her to warm or cold like I did with my son. The second child is also a playmate for the first my son used to get so lonely before my girl was born.